Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oh baby! Cute baby handmade clothing items for the wee little one.

Handmade for baby and toddler is endless.  The market for heirloom pieces is great.  Long last quality not found at the local mall.  The artist that make these wonderful items take time and care for making them.  Handmade baby clothing is great for gift giving, for yourself and will last to pass down to the next generation.  Every family should have a heirloom piece to pass along.  Now enjoy the best of baby.


Garter Stitch Baby Jacket with Ribbon Tie  Valmade has hand knitted this little white matinee jacket.  Great for the summer season that is here.  The pink trim is ever so dainty and ready for you little lady.  A timeless piece that can be easily handed down.  Valmade has been a Artfire pro member since 2008 and makes knitted clothing, special occasion cards and the cutest knitted stuffed animals and toys.  Valmade was also great enough to be our featured interview today.

Tell us a little about you?
"My name is Val, hence the very obvious shop name. I'm originally from England though these days live and work in Hong Kong and do my crafting in my spare time. I also play field hockey with a team called the Dinosaurs (we're all too old to play competitively any more but want to still play) and am learning to sail as well."
How and when did you get started?'I was taught to sew and knit by my mother when I was very young. When I reached the age when all my friends started producing babies, they would receive a pair of knitted booties and a cross stitch birth announcement as gifts. Someone one day suggested I should sell them, so Valmade was born about 4 years ago and I found myself moving into card making as well!"
Where do you get you inspiration from?"All over the place. I'm always looking in magazines and shops to see what there is, and my friends help come up with suggestions as well. I love to try and re-use things that people throw out, so often get strange looks when gathering up the table decorations left after parties to use in my card designs!"
Your favorite animal and color? "My favourite animal is a dog. They are loyal and unquestioning, and my favourite colour is Turquoise."
Where else can we find you?"My main store is here on Artfire, but I also list to a lesser extent at Zibbet, Bonanza and Dawanda all under the name Valmade."

Thank  you Val for your interview and we hope you have many sales, your items are so very cute.


Beautiful Newborn to 3 mo. Sweet Heart Dress, Bonnet, Booties Set  tlccrochet a Artfire member since 2010 has crocheted this matching set.  A sweetheart dress, bonnet and booties and how perfect it would go with the matinee jacket above.  The detailing of this outfit is amazing, the combination of white and pink with pink sating ribbon trim is a perfect baby girl piece.  Great for a new mom or gift giving.  Tlccrochet has a wide selection  of baby clothing, booties and crocheted items perfect for heirloom pieces, make sure to visit her shop.


Baby boy embroidered corduroy Vest and Pants Set,  3 months  TeenyTinyStitches a Artfire pro member since 2010 has made this cute 2 piece boys vest and pant suit.  Made out of a off white pin wale corduroy, soft and durable.  The front edges of the vest are hand embroidered to resemble little knots and the pants have a nice adjustable waist.  The nice wide leg and hem that come to mid calf are great for little ones that are beginning to crawl.  TeenyTinyStitches also makes baby girl dresses and soft sole crib shoes.  Make sure to drop by her shop.


Thank you for shopping handmade.  Remember when buying handmade you are supporting people not nameless faceless labels. 

Hand produced not Mass produced.

Are you a artist that would like to have one of your items featured in a head to toe daily handmade look?  Please check out this post as to what is needed, Artist info.

Disclaimer:  My blog includes links and photos to other sites/blogs operated by third parties. These are protected by the actual owner of the item and only provided as a means of convenient access to you to the information/opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites.

Artist if you would not like to be included in this post please email me at tng3876@yahoo.com and I will take down.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! So cute! I love baby clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful post. These dresses are quite beautiful. Get suitable and beautiful handmade clothes for men women and children from our freelance designers online. Visit us at http://www.freshseams.com/.

    ReplyDelete