Monday, June 20, 2011

Manic Monday. Simple seperates for the busy woman.

We all have those days where it seems not stop from the time we get up till the time we lay our head back on the pillow.  Those are the days when having the right go to pieces is  essential.  Today I am going to find great go to pieces that will carry you from shopping to the afternoon baseball game all the way to the end of the day BBQ and relaxing.  Enjoy my handmade head to toe clothing and accessory finds for you manic Monday.


Sterling Silver Hisbiscus Earrings Hibiscus Earrings, LittleAngelsJewelry a Artifre pro member since 2009 has made a great pair of sterling silver hibiscus earrings.  These earrings are the perfect smaller size to not bother your ears for all day wear.  Made of 99.5% high grade silver these earrings are going to be a great go to piece.  LittleAngelsJewelry makes all sorts of fun jewelry from girly hibiscus earring to state charms and scissor pendants.  Make sure to check out this artist shop on Artfire.


hibiscus pendant  nicilaskin a talented Artfire pro member, has designed and made this hibiscus necklace, goes great with the earring I just posted.  Nicilaskin has hand drawn and cut this flower to be a unique piece for your wardrobe.  Nicilaskin is also our mini interview today so enjoy getting to know her a little more.

Tell us a little about you and how you started making jewelry.
"My name is Nicole Laskin and i was a born and raised German. I moved to the US in 2004 after marrying my husband of now 8 years. ( no children yet, but we are working on it.......) Being a Nurse from a different country was not easy so we both ended up in New Mexico were I finally got a license and started working in a tiny hospital near the border.
I painted before I started metal smithing 2 1/2 years ago, it was actually by accident, I was bored during my vacation in New Jersey ( visiting parents in law) and I went to a silver smith to take a 10 hour course and I have been hooked ever since.  I bought tons of books and basically learned by trial and error and I am still trying. Eventually I want to make it my real job and quit nursing."
Your favorite animal and color?
"My favorite color is midnight blue and my favorite animal is my dog. ( unconditional love and affection , a shrewd sense of humor, voracious appetite and generally a lot of fun."
Other than Artfire where else can we find you?
"You can also find me on Etsy under nicilaskin.etsy.com "

Thank you Nicole for taking time out of your day to do this for us.  It is always fun to learn a little about a artist behind the designs.


Handcrafted Black Wool Cashmere Cape  Love the cape?   phillyart2wear has made a cape to love.  This is a must for chilly mornings and evenings.  The cape is a timeless piece and is making a big come back in Europe and on the east coast--come on west coast catch up I love this cape.  Easy to take with you on the go and great to any outfit.  Phillyart2wear has designed and made this cape out of a black wool and cashmere and she is nice enough to make this for us.  Phillyart2wear a Artfire pro member since 2010 also makes purses, bags, tops and as we see great jackets so make sure to check into phillyart2wear on Artfire.


tan hand dyed sleeveless wrap top  MiloCreativeStudios , a Artfire pro member since 2010 has brought us this sleeveless hand dyed wrap top.  I love this top the patterns of the dye and the style of the top.  It is a neutral piece so it will go well with anything you pair it with.  The style of this top is also great for many body types and can be wore over a tank, cami or sleeved shirt.  It is a very feminine piece and can be wore for many seasons.  MiloCreativeStudios make a variety of hand dyed and non dyed clothing items that a just to cute.  I love the dye but the dye does not love me, make sure to check out their studio for truly one of a kind items.


Knee Length Boho Hippie Midi Skirt in Ivory, size Medium  Boho_Kitten a Artfire pro member since 2010 has made this great mid length boho skirt.  This skirt is the perfect length for anyone, dress up with heels or dress down with sandals this is your go to skirt.  Made out of a cotton jersey blend with a v shaped waist line the skirt is comfortable for all day and will hold it shape.  Boho Kitten does a everything from bridal wear to club wear and everything in between.  Make sure to visit her Artfire studio.


Make sure to leave a comment and let me know how you like the head to toe handmade clothing and fashion daily.

Thank you for shopping handmade.  Remember when buying handmade you are supporting people not nameless faceless labels. 

Hand produced not Mass produced.

Are you a artist that would like to have one of your items featured in a head to toe daily handmade look?  Please check out this post as to what is needed, Artist info.

Disclaimer:  My blog includes links and photos to other sites/blogs operated by third parties. These are protected by the actual owner of the item and only provided as a means of convenient access to you to the information/opinion contained therein. I am in no way responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites.

Artist if you would not like to be included in this post please email me at tng3876@yahoo.com and I will take down.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. What a Great Collection for "Must Have" finds!
    I love everything here! Thanks So Much for including my Black Cashmere & Wool Cape!

    ReplyDelete